Friday, February 21, 2014

The Saranac Lake Winter Carnival Ice Palace ... by day!



















By day, it's as interesting as by night.
The colors and textures and details are right there to be experienced.
      I love how the  grass and weeds are frozen in the huge blocks of ice ... eerily suspended.  In the past, there were even fish frozen into the blocks. 



 And, how about this unicorn.  It seems that several times that we passed by, that horn was missing.  Then mysteriously, it was there. Repaired or optical illusions, who knows. Got to love that tiara though!

                                                      I simply love the flags.

 Love the chairs.... and the 15 foot dragon.












It's not often I get in a picture ... but, I couldn't resist sitting on that beautifully carved seat.

Love being back to my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment